Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer (Measurement & Learning)
Location: Akwa Ibom
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Strategic Information Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the Jhpiego Nigeria Country Office.
- S / he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S / he will maintain office database systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S / he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- S / he is responsible for management and analysis of health data, support to the team for effective utilization of data analyses, design of research studies and the implementation of program assessments and evaluation
Required Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Postgraduate / Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related field.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ post-NYSC professional experience as a statistician/data scientist and/or in the implementation and management of health Strategic Information systems.
- Familiarity with USAID / PEPFAR HIV / AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV / AIDS response.
- Core Strategic information experience, conversant with MERL indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, LAMIS, Power BI and other innovative data management system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Excel) and related applications.
- High-level computer skills using DHIS2, SPSS and / or STATA, PowerBI and Epi-Info
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on HMIS tools.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 12th October, 2020. (COB)
Get all the Latest news, Breaking headlines,Sport, Education, Finance, Gists, Jobs, Music/Video, Technology and Top stories in real time in Nigeria and around the world.