Quite a number of female politicians have been able to distinguish themselves in different areas of national life. Beyond the...
The Chairman, House of Representatives’ Committee on Commerce and leader of the South-West Caucus, Mr Olufemi Fakeye, in this interview with LEKE BAIYEWU, explains why the Federal Government should expand the tax net to Nigerians in the lower class During the second...
A former deputy governor of Lagos State, Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, has decried the under-perfomance of the National Orientation Agency, which she said had not done enough to enlighten the masses. Ojikutu stated this on Saturday during the launch of a book titled, ‘Stain...
The Pan-Niger Delta Forum has selected a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Kenneth Minimah (retd.) as its Rivers State chairman. The National Publicity Secretary of PANDEF, Ken Robinson, who disclosed this during the opening of the forum’s office in the state and...
The Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, on Saturday called on the Nigerian military to wake up to its responsibility of protecting the country territorial integrity following multiple explosions that rocked Maiduguri, the state capital, from rockets fired by...
Farmforte Agro and Allied Solutions Limited has stated that it will empower over 112,000 smallholder farmers within the agriculture value chain in its newly inaugurated cashew processing facility in Benin City, Edo State. Speaking on the acquisition, Farmforte’s...
The Presiding Bishop, Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners Chapel, Dr David Oyedepo, says the church’s annual spiritual gathering, Shiloh, will commence on Tuesday. He said the global event, with the theme, ‘More than a conqueror,’ would be rounded off with a...
The United Kingdom on Saturday night announced the imposition of a travel restriction on citizens of Nigeria following an increase in the number of cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 across the world. This was disclosed by the UK’s Secretary of State for Health,...
A health worker wearing a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) suit tests a swab sample for COVID-19 at a primary health centre. NOAH SEELAM / AFP No new infection was reported in Lagos on Thursday as Nigeria confirms 47 more cases of COVID-19 in parts of the country. These fresh infections were...
(FILES) In this file photo taken on March 02, 2021, Nurse Salome Nkoana, acting operational manager of the COVID-19 ward at the Tembisa Hospital, puts on her personal protective equipment (PPE) in Tembisa. Doctors in South Africa said Friday there had been a spike in hospitalisations among...
US President Joe Biden addresses a press conference at the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow on November 2, 2021. Brendan Smialowski / AFP US President Joe Biden announced Thursday a winter campaign against Covid-19, with new testing requirements for travelers and a surge in...
Florence Otedola aka DJ Cuppy, the daughter of billionaire businessman Femi Otedola, on Friday...
Popular comedy skit maker, Abdulgafar Ahmad aka Cute Abiola has regained his freedom nearly three...
A 27-year-old man, Darlington Ugboaja, was beaten to death at Anara market in Imo state, after a local drug, Methamphetamine, but popularly known as Mkpurummiri, was found on him. The development has caused panic on the market as treaders who out of fear of a reprisal...
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Friday sentenced a retired Customs officer, one Mahmud Hassan, and two others, to 16 years’ imprisonment for conspiracy and unlawful importation of 661 pump-action rifles. They were also convicted for unlawful importation of...
Three persons travelling to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Turkey have been apprehended at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano State, with 1,144 Automated Teller Machine cards. The suspects – Abdullahi Usman, Musa Abubakar and Abdulwahid...
New US intelligence findings estimate Russia could begin a military offensive in Ukraine in a matter of months as it amasses up to 175,000 troops along the border, a startling escalation that President Joe Biden has warned could lead to severe consequences.
Police arrested James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of the suspect in the Oxford High School shooting Ethan Crumbley, on manslaughter charges.
Brazil's Supreme Court has ordered an investigation into President Jair Bolsonaro's false claim that people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 may have a higher risk of contracting AIDS.
- How I became Dolapo Osinbajo’s photographer — Adesuwa Iyare
- Producing snake anti-venom can give Nigeria good foreign exchange –Professor of Wildlife Resources Management, Eniang
- God might have said it’s Atiku’s turn to become president in 2023 –Wife, Titi
- Sylvester’s torturers won’t escape justice, I’m glad he named them before dying –Father of late Dowen College pupil
- National Assembly members acting like executive’s rubber stamp – Ibok Essien, PANDEF National Chairman
- INEC should conduct LG polls alongside general elections – National Chairman, Labour Party
- Children of the poor, others to pay FG’s loans in future – Fakeye, House Commerce c’tte chair
- NOA not doing enough to enlighten Nigerians, say ex-Lagos dep gov
- PANDEF picks ex-COAS, Minimah, as Rivers chairman
- Terrorists bomb Maiduguri, boy injured, cars, houses destroyed
- Agro firm plans to empower 112,000 farmers in Edo
- Illegal admissions: 366 institutions get ultimatum, candidates to pay N5,000 fine
- Delta has no equity stake in IPP project, says MD
- Katsina police recover 170 animals, AK-47 rifle from bandits’ hideout
- ISWAP moves N18bn annual revenue through Nigeria’s financial system – ECOWAS body
- Vanguard Personal Advisor Services introduces Five-Fund Active Equity offer
- Rolling over to an IRA vs. retaining an employer retirement plan
- High inflation, but not stagnation
- How to make the most of charitable donations
- The importance of being prepared
- What’s the buzz around meme stocks?
- Don’t feel left out of the FIRE movement
- Inflation, diversification, and the 60/40 portfolio
- How to handle COVID-19’s financial impacts
- Vanguard Core-Plus Bond Fund launches
- 3 behavioral factors can affect retirement spending
- Balancing your goals
- Ready to invest? See how to open an account
- Inflation beyond the current spike
- The ins and outs of rollover IRAs
In this file photo taken on September 5, 2018 CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Capitol Hill in...
The #TurnUpFridayWithInfinix contestants have been bringing all the heat and energy to the show with their best feet forward. Participants are...
In this file photo, Tesla CEO Elon Musk reacts during the unveiling of the new Tesla Model Y in Hawthorne, California. PHOTO: Frederic J. BROWN /...
Newspaper Headlines – Sunday, November 28, 2021
Newspaper Headlines – Saturday, November 27, 2021
Newspaper Headlines – Friday, November 26, 2021
Newspaper Headlines – Thursday, November 25, 2021
Newspaper Headlines – Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Newspaper Headlines – Tuesday, November 23, 2021
- NUC begins clampdown on 67 illegal universities — Rasheed
- Varsities should produce problem solvers — Akeredolu
- NCC warns telecom consumers against falling prey to cyber-criminals
- Itunu Babalola who died in Côte D’Ivoire prison buried
- Britain adds Nigeria to red list as Omicron cases rise
- LASG pays over N34bn as pension accrued rights – Sanwo-Olu
- Austria sees third weekend of coronavirus protests
- Bitcoin briefly loses $10,000 in nervous mark
- Bitcoin briefly loses $10,000 in nervous mark
- Enugu State government expands COVID-19 vaccination coverage
- Nigerian ports operation to go digital by 2025 – NPA
- Behaviourally informed policies can deepen impact of social interventions in Nigeria – PIC
- Coalition holds town hall on International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- We must leverage technology in capital market for financial inclusion – SEC
- Osinbajo canvasses data-driven, analytical culture for security, intelligence agencies
One million voters were registered in the election seen as a key test for stability for the small West African country.
Dua, a pioneer of Hindi broadcast journalism, had contracted COVID earlier this year.
Populist leaders meet in Poland to discuss the continent's future.
No damage was incurred as part of the air defence test, according to Iranian media.
Kremlin says the presidents will hold talks after Russia massed tens of thousands of troops on Ukrainian border.
The French president says opening of a joint mission was being considered but ruled out recognising the Taliban rulers.
Local officials say 12 people including four children were rescued from the bus that plunged into the Enziu river.
Surveillance video shows attacker stabbing Jewish man and then trying to knife Israeli police in the occupied city.
Centuries-old sculpture of two Hindu gods has been re-installed in Kathmandu nearly 40 years after it was stolen.
Urgent action is needed by the international community to prevent catastrophic hunger in Afghanistan.
- New Life for All Nation Ministries to reawaken Christians at 2021 convention
- RCCG renovates, equips Lagos laboratory with N15m
- Synagogue Church re-opens, resumes physical services
- Compulsory vaccination of civil servants, a wrong-headed policy —Apostle Moses
- Some clerics are exploiting people in matters of tithes —Okubadejo
- Would APC overcome its thorny ride?
- Direct primaries: Why NASS should have allowed political parties to make their own decisions —Ayodele
- Is Nembe oil spill being hijacked, politicised?
- Abiodun and Ogun budget of restoration
- Lekki: May the guilty not go unpunished (2)
- Osinbajo’s homily and Nigeria’s reality
- Appraising Nigeria’s indigenous religion
- The travails of Prof. Akintoye
- Afro B recruits Niniola, Busiswa in new single ‘’Shisha’’
- Wizkid, tems win big at soul train awards
Alerzo Limited, a business-to-business e-commerce platform in Nigeria, recently offered a 20 percent discount to all its customers in this year’s Black Friday sales, which started over the weekend on 26 November and runs into December, 2021. Adewale Opaleye, the chief...
In line with its goal to foster digital content accessibility among young Nigerians, SHAREit Lite has partnered with leading music platform, Boomplay to launch the Campus Music Star, a singing competition for university students across Nigeria. The Campus Music Star...
Member representing Afijio state constituency, Seyi Adisa, has bagged an award for his outstanding achievements as a lawmaker and his contributions to the infrastructural development of his constituency. The award was conferred on the Lawmaker by the Nigeria Union of...
The United Nations’ Committee on World Food Security, states that the term food security means that “all people, at all times, have physical, social, and economic access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food that meets their food preferences and dietary needs for...
Nigeria launched the National Wreck Removal exercise on September 24 in Lagos. The exercise is being carried out by the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Transportation. NIMASA has the...
As the 2023 presidential election inches closer, the issue of zoning of the presidential ticket of the major political parties is now on the front burner. While the ruling All Progressives Congress has given indications that it will zone the ticket to the South, the...
Ehi Braimah It was a Sunday afternoon trip to Abeokuta. Ordinarily, Sundays are not very busy days and on a “normal” day, it takes about one hour and a few minutes to arrive Abeokuta from Lagos. Remi Bello, the District Governor of Rotary International District 9110,...
While it is acknowledged that such distribution will provide the needed funds for infrastructural projects by the government and the funds for corporate growth, they also raise pertinent questions as to the sustainability and impact of such investments on the economic...
Count me out of those castigating the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, for his bombshell on Tuesday, November 23, 2021, when he dismissed the report of the Lagos State Judicial Panel on #EndSARS that was released earlier on November 15, 2021 as fake...
CNN's Donie O'Sullivan takes a look at how the debate over critical race theory is dividing a rural Virginia community.
Contemporary South African fashion designers are creating luxury looks made by Africans, for Africans
They're quirky, independent and trend-setting -- and they're turning heads on the runway. Meet four contemporary fashion designers who are bringing the hustle to haute couture in South Africa, creating luxury looks inspired by their personal lives and everyday...
CNN's Alexandra Field reports.
Police say the Michigan school shooting suspect’s parents are not in custody, still considered fugitives
CNN's Shimon Prokupecz reports.
Best-selling author Patricia Cornwell sits down with Anderson Cooper to discuss her new book "Autopsy" and collaborating with NASA for research on space thrillers. Watch Anderson Cooper Full Circle on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6pm E.T.
Best-selling author Patricia Cornwell tells Anderson Cooper how she researched to write about a crime in space for her new book. Watch Anderson Cooper Full Circle on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6pm E.T.
Travel restrictions don't necessarily slow down Covid-19 infection rates, says International Air Transport Association Director General Willie Walsh. He adds that there's strong demand for flying when there's certainty about restrictions, and is hopeful this will be a...
British superstar Adele sat down with beauty vlogger Nikkie de Jager for a tell-all "Power of Makeup" session.