Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Adhoc – Intern
Job Type: Internship
Career Category: Advocacy / Communications
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Intern will contribute to improving the visibility of the RISE program led by Jhpiego Nigeria.
- S/he will develop high-level communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- S/he will communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- S/he will support the development of multi-media user friendly communications for all RISE activities.
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through development of communications products
- Work closely with the RISE senior management and KM team to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy.
- Execute the communications strategy and plan for RISE Nigeria.
- Assist with development of communications plans for major tasks or projects as needed.
- Develop stories/narratives about the work and best practices of RISE for a variety of media.
- Develop and implement strategy for better internal communications of the RISE program
- Write narratives and program information in a reader-friendly manner for use on the RISE and Jhpiego platforms and other channels.
- Develop talking points for staff for media events.
- Assist in the coordination of media and external events for the program.
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed
- Work with informatics and graphics support to develop infographic content to enhance quality of reports and communication products
- Adapt communications products to meet program needs
- Work closely with KM and communications team to organize knowledge sharing and capacity building activities and events
- Support the development of RISE knowledge management system
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, mass media, public relations or related discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications with NGOs, media houses or development agency
- Experience working with infographics software
- Experience working on knowledge sharing and transfer processes and activities
- Ability to communicate and engage confidently; manage competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Excellent computer skills – MSOffice, creative software, infographic programs
- Ability to develop compelling infographics to support data and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment, with self-motivation
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2020.
The post Knowledge Management and Communications Adhoc at Jhpiego Nigeria appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.
Get all the Latest news, Breaking headlines,Sport, Education, Finance, Gists, Jobs, Music/Video, Technology and Top stories in real time in Nigeria and around the world.