Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Promoter / IEC Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Permanent position: subject to probationary period
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Sensitize patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Under the supervision of IECHP Manager, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her. Collect the relevant information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular identification of the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to IECHP Manager: activities, challenges met, opportunities and strengths and constraints
- Participate in the planning of outreach activities
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Share relevant information with the Social Worker in regards to other NGOsТ, social partners and governmental health services.
- Liaises with all team members (PC, IECHP Manager, MAM and Social Worker) regarding outreach activities with other NGOs, governmental agencies and stakeholders.
- Write monthly reports of activities, including activities performed, planned activities, challenges encountered in conjunction with the medical team.
- Identify, contact and schedule opportunities to conduct sensitization activities in assigned areas of accountability and responsibility and target populations (communities, partners, relevant key stakeholders, vulnerable populations).
- Plan and facilitate sensitization activities in targeted venues (schools, churches, mosques, health-centers, markets) to raise awareness about sexual and gender-based violence and increase access to MSF services.
- Assist IECHP Manager or representative to review the efficacy and effectiveness of sensitization activities in assigned areas of accountability and responsibility.
- Assist IECHP Manager to ensure all IEC materials and messaging are relevant to the context and are effective, and develop new materials as needed
- Participate in the planning and implementation of radio activities (identification of relevant radio stations, radio schedules, writing scripts of radio dramas and participating in live interviews regarding sexual violence).
- Deliver presentations on behalf of MSF as required.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential: Higher National Diploma or Degree in Education Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Health Science or related studies
- An internal MSF training on health messages is necessary.
- At least two years experience in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization
- Languages: Essential mission language; English, plus local language desirable
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Results oriented, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Service, Stress Management, Independent, Planning and Organization, Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Gross salary per month: N231,894 (Two hundred and thirty-one thousand, eight hundred and ninety-four Naira).
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2020 (Midnight).
Get all the Latest news, Breaking headlines,Sport, Education, Finance, Gists, Jobs, Music/Video, Technology and Top stories in real time in Nigeria and around the world.