Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographic Information System Officer
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with SI, program and technical staff in guiding the process for spatial data collection and management, geospatial analysis and producing cartographic visualizations and maps for the use of the RISE team.
Required Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ post-NYSC professional experience in the implementation and management of Geographic Information systems.
- Relevant working knowledge of specialized software GIS packages: ArcGIS and QGIS to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc)
- Experience in map production, complex spatial data collection and management.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programs, Nigerian public sector health system and/or HIV/AIDS response.
Application Closing Date
Close of Business; Monday 12th October, 2020.
The post Geographic Information System Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.
Get all the Latest news, Breaking headlines,Sport, Education, Finance, Gists, Jobs, Music/Video, Technology and Top stories in real time in Nigeria and around the world.